March 14, 2011

Work!



<span class=


Bought Garrett Popcorn to reward myself for the hard effort put into work after so long. Chichago Mix flavour - CaramelCrisp & Cheesecorn. Have been tempted by the smell whenever my friends and I pass by the shop to work. However, I don't really like the Cheesecorn. Kind of too salty for me. CaramelCrisp suits me more, but too sweet after eating for some time. I sound fussy.. Haha.



Next. Work! Yep, I wanna talk about my work experience ! No photos though, not allowed to take in the uniform. Too bad :)



It's not an easy job, I should say, definitely. A job that is related to the course I'm currently studying for. Far way too tiring. Money is not as easy to earn, in this case. The previous job I worked was much easier, not as tiring, considered not bad pay although you have to face some unreasonable customers as compared to this!



It's true some people say enjoy while you are still studying. True true. Yes, while you are studying you face stress because of projects, examinations which cause pimples to 'pop' on your face etc etc. But when you work, you will get scolded by your boss, customers blah blah blah.
You get what I mean?



I know it's a little too late to say this but this is gonna be a lengthy post. *I just killed a big red ant, where did it came from?!* Now my foot still hurts from the stupid heels. Why should heels be created in the first place? Yes it is pretty, you look taller but it is totally different when you wear it for work! Or perhaps my court shoes is not that comfortable? Admire those who wears heels to work, after getting used to it.



Personally, one very important thing is to have a good partner who will helps you out. Specially when you are new. Of course you also met those who don't really help you out even though you are new. So ya, and you will hate that. I met one really good partner during one event which I really like because he is reallyyyy helpful. Super love! But one thing I dislike is that he used a vulgarities on me. Yes.. Maybe unintentionally but still.. It may also be because it is very common for them to use it. But you use it on a girl?! Like.. What the hell. Seriously. My guy friends don't do that. Or maybe.. He said it not to me, but to an object or he was merely playing around. I don't know.



Another thing my friends and I dislike is that.. They love to use vulgarities. Both supervisors and male colleagues. I'm not that sure for female colleagues though. It's like almost every one to two sentences there will be vulgarities, shooting one another blah blah blah. Pollute my mind. Not a very good working environment.



And I realised.. Most of the male colleagues smoke. I know it's nothing wrong if you hits the legal age, but what for? It damages your lung and it costs so much! How much does one packet of cigarettes cost? 10 plus bucks? I'm not sure. But you use your hard earned money in buying cigarettes?



I remember I was quite reluctant to go to work the second time. The first day was quite tiring. Something new to learn, new challenges and some are hard. Until now, for me. Actually before working my family already discourage me to work because it will be really tiring and they said that I couldn't manage it. And I kinda regret not listening to them after my first day of work.



Because I am slow, since I am new. (Not an excuse) I don't really have a good partner. I have some difficulties memorising the procedures. I have not much strength or muscles. I got scolded/reprimanded by a colleague who worked longer there longer because I did something wrongly. *What the hell?* Hello? This is my first day of day and I am not a genius of course I would make mistakes la! Fine if that person was my supervisor but you are just a freaking staff too! Can't you just tell me nicely? And I will learn my mistakes?


I was about to give up and doesn't wanna to go for the event for my work the second time. But then I remember one of my supervisor told us that ''No one is good at everything. You cannot judge whether you are good at something on your first day of work.'' which I find it quite true. But meanwhile during the period to my next work date, I was feeling uneasy and have kind of a bad feeling for that job. Seriously.



Well well.. But everything is fine now. A good working experience though. Really appreciate those who help me during that period too, really thankful :)





Oh ya, and this was the conversation between a female colleague and me.
Her: Are you a Singaporean?
Me: Yes. Why? I don't look like I am a Singaporean?
Her: You look sweet. Don't look like a Singaporean. *Makes me happy for a moment*
Me: Then which country you thought I am from? *Insisted her in giving me an answer*
Her: Not from Singapore or China. Maybe Indonesia/Philippines?

Wa.. First time I met this kind of question.





Our director also admitted he is 色, treating girls better than guys and other than that he is okay. Lol. Of course it is an advantage for my friends and I but it's like not fair to the guys. Pity them. But I think also think that my male colleagues are quite flirt. Tsk.



School starts later, at 9am. Time check - 2:28am. Can't fall asleep because I slept for a while just now after returning from work.



Should I do booking for work when I am free? *Hmmm*




No comments: