February 29, 2012

Culinary for 17 weeks

17 weeks of Culinary every Wednesday are officially over a few weeks ago. Relieved because sometimes I'm dreading to go.. Some of the reasons that may not be appropriate to mention it here. But I would say I did not regret choosing it as my elective, it was fun! :)


I guess the 17 weeks of cooking are definitely more than the number of times I cooked in my entire whole life. Seriously, haha. Hoping to score well for this subject because hearing from seniors, it's not hard to score badly for this elective before I chose it. But, guess I can't. The theory test I did was badly done. The group project failed, or just passed (if our teacher make some changes). Nah, not blaming on anyone. Perhaps myself, because I could put in more effort.


Anyway, wanna thanks my team mates for their efforts put in during operations! Especially during the execution week which the chefs said we did quite well? Hee. And I'm like always troubling some of them for some help or some equpiments I have to find (I felt). I'm just really bad at remembering the names for equpiments and stuff! :/


Could you all still remember I had a post on cooking(with help from others) Vichyssoise soup for this individual project of mine for this elective? It was chosen as one of the boards my teacher had decided to keep! Heehee :) But there are also other boards which I felt was nicer, and better decorated as well. I'm just not really good at art, you see..


I may wanna bake profiteroles or some other pastries during this holidays. Perhaps not so soon, as all the ingredients need $$$. I'm currently tight in cash, plus not working this holidays = sian. Because no cash inflow. Wondering why I suddenly wanna bake profiteroles? Because I learnt how to make pastry cream during the execution week. Hahaha! Wanna try yea.. But instead of using diplomat cream, I'm gonna use pastry cream instead. Excited! :D



Photobucket
First kitchen we went after 4 weeks of boot camp - Skills kitchen!
It was enjoyable with really nice chef TM! ;)



Photobucket
After three weeks of Skills Kitchen, we went to Top Table with Chef Jason in-charge. I think I did quite a few mistakes :S



Photobucket
Last 4 weeks at Bakery kitchen! Wanted to be at Pastry kitchen because Chef Travor is the in-charge but I wasn't selected due to our register number. Sad T.T



Photobucket
Last week with all of the chefs and Mr. Tan :)



Photobucket
Michelle as my partner for the 4 weeks of boot camp :)



Photobucket
With Michelle, Mang Teng and Felicia :)



Photobucket
During the execution week, I asked my 2nd sister to come to Sugloaf to buy the cupcakes that we baked since she she was coming to school. It was yummmyyyy! But the chocolate was a little too sweet :S



Photobucket
Goodbye uniform and heavy boots!



No comments: